DISTRICT COUNCIL ADMINISTRATION*
Office of the
AUTONOMOUS DISTRICT COUNCIL: CHURACHANDPUR
Churachandpur, the 17h June, 2019
Subject: Setting up of Toll Tax Gates, Collection of Parking Fees & Hoarding Fees within the jurisdiction of ADC, Churachandpur – Call for objections, comments regarding.
No. 1/333/ADCC-Town/2017:* In pursuance of the Resolution No. 6 of the Executive Committee meeting held on 27.05.2019 read with section 29(1) Section 33 (b)(c) & Sectioh 35: Procedure for Imposing Taxes* of the Manipur (Hill Areas) District Councils Act, 1971, it is hereby notified to all concerned that the office of the Autonomous District Council, Churachandpur proposes to set up toll tax gates and collection of parking fees & hoarding fees to maintain traffic system and enhance the resource of the Council respectively. The Toll Tax Gates proposed to be set up at the following 4 (four) different locations along with the rates for entry, parking fees and hoarding fees are reproduced below:
A. TOLL GATES:
1. Tuibong (Near peace Ground) – North
2. Pearsonmun/Bungmual – West
3. Lanva – South
4. Rengkai-Mualvaiphai Junction – East
1. 15 Toner – Rs. 100/-
2. Heavy Vehicle – Rs. 50/-
3. Light Medium Vehicle (407/DI etc) – Rs. 20/-
4. Light Vehicle – Rs. 10/-
B. PARKING RATES:
1. For 2 (two) Wheelers – Rs. 10/-
2. For 3 (three)/4 (four) Wheelers (LMV) – Rs. 20/-
3. Heavy Commercial Vehicles (Di/407 etc.) – Rs. 50/-
C. HOARDING RATES:*
Duration – Amount per square metre (Rs.)
1. 1 (one) Week – 15.00
2. 1 (one) Month – 50.00
3. 6 (Six) Months – 250 00
4. 1 (one) Year – 400.00
The Toll Tax will be imposed on all commercial vehicles, goods vehicles, vehicles carrying passengers, and any other vehicles as notified by the ADC Office from time to time.
3. Parking fees will be collected for the private as well as commercial vehicles that are parked in the areas specifically identified for the same.
4. Hording fees will be collected from any individual/NGOS/CSOS/Firms/ Companies etc for any advertisement put up at the areas specified for it after duly censored by the Office of the ADC.
5. Toll Tax/Parking Fees/Hoarding fees will be collected by the ADCC Office through Office of the Executive Officer, Town or any other agency so notified formally by the ADCC Office through official channel.
6. Revision of Rates/Fees, if required, may be done once in a year by the Council.
In this connection, as per Section 35(3) of the Manipur (Hill Areas) District Councils Act, 1971, *objection(s)*, if any, is/are called from any person, directly or indirectly affected by the proposed taxes mentioned above. The objection(s) shall be sent in writing along with valid reasons to the undersigned within 30 (thirty) days from the issuance of this notice ie. *on or before 4:00 PM of 16th July, 2019* without fail. Objection(s), if any, received after the dateline will not be accepted at all. If no objection(s) is/are received within the dateline by the ADCC office, then the same proposal will be forwarded to the Administrative Department, TA & Hills, Government of Manipur for approval.