LETPAO HAOKIP: A FAST-TRACK ACHIEVER:
Ever since he was inducted as Minister, YAS & WR, in the N.Biren Singh Ministry of Manipur, in the first half of year 2017, the Chandel AC-elected Mr. Letpao Haokip took up the job at hand with a passion usually reserved for religion. Being a former footballer of the top league helped the St. Edmunds College, Shillong-graduated first-time Minister to set goals and targets in his dual portfolios of YAS & Water Resources, and work fast in the allotted fields to score high in his performance.
At 46, this Aihang-born atheletic workoholic, in tune with his charge of Youth Affairs and Sports, wakes up early, go for physical work-outs – a la Kiran Rijiyu – responds to colleagues’ requests to inspect and repair eroding river banks, and regularly hits the Indoor stadium by the evening, for a game of Badminton, after clearing a mountain of official files in his office chamber.
Eloquent both in speaking Manipuri and the Queen’s tongue with panache, Letpao Haokip has been very visible in the News Channels as he chooses the path of ‘fast-track’ development, both in tackling his state-level responsibilities and own AC-level expectations.
Some of his achievements hitherto, which were credited to him, are listed below:
1) The PMSGY proposal – Moreh to New Samtal road 87 KMs – longest in the history of Manipur – has been approved.
2) ICICI Bank at Joupi in Khengjoy Sub-Division inaugurated.
3) 32/11 KV Power Sub-Stations at Joupi & Salluk commissioned.
4) 17 PMSGY road-portions proposed for Chandel District.
5) For Asian Highway-1: Pallel to Moreh : negotiated with the land owners for double-lane construction.
6) Longja to Gunjil PMSGY road sanctioned.
7) Kholian Khailet to Chahmol road proposal sanctioned.
8) Chandel to Churachandpur road proposal via Thingkangphai and Molnom accorded sanction.
9) K Savumpa to T Nampao road via Gamphajol – formation cutting finished.
10) Blacktop proposal in and around Sugnu & Thingkangphai in CKG Sub-Division is under process.
11) Recently, the black-topping work of a few localities at Moreh border town including the uphill lane from Forest Rest house to En El Lhangkim-Haokip Veng stretch, Moreh Ward No. 9 had begun with thanks to initial proposal of Pu Letpao who is the Minister-in-charge of Tengnoupal Dist too.
Pu Letpao Haokip, a former footballer himself, has promoted LAGSA (Lonpi Area Games and Sports Association) meets in the recent past in his utmost capacity. That he has taken over the reigns of Sports affairs in Manipur has done a lot of good for the State of Manipur and Chandel District in particular.
The influence of Pu Letpao Haokip over his Party colleagues is commendable in the innovative breakthrough that, of late, he has roped in Pu Conrad Sangma, Hon’ble CM of Meghalaya, to grace Chandel District Kut Celebration at Sugnu Lamhang, Manipur, on 1 November, 2018. The mood in Sugnu area is upbeat with a sense of area upgradation at the prospect of having a CM as Hon’ble Chief Guest in Kut 2018.
May God bless the works taken up for the common and collective good of his subject.