Dimapur | July 20, 2019 | Get In Lamka
In a surprising move, the Government of India’s Interlocutor for Naga Peace Talks, RN Ravi is set to replace incumbent PB Acharya as the new Governor of Nagaland.
Acharya, the state’s present Governor, officially completed five years in office on July 18.
Nagaland was among the six states for which the appointments or changes of new Governor was announced by the Centre on Saturday. The other states are Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Bihar, and Tripura.
Apart from Ravi, a Press Communiqué from the Rashtrapati Bhavan on July 20 informed that Madhya Pradesh Governor and former Chief Minister of Gujarat Anandiben Patel has been transferred and appointed as the new Governor of Uttar Pradesh.
Governor of Bihar, Lal Ji Tandon has been transferred and appointed as Patel’s replacement in MP.
BJP MLA Phagu Chauhan has been appointed as the Governor of Bihar.
In West Bengal, the incumbent Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi has been replaced by Senior Supreme Court advocate Jagdeep Dhankhar.
Meanwhile, BJP member Ramesh Bais has been appointed as the Governor of Tripura, replacing Kaptan Singh Solanki.
“The above appointments will take effect from the dates they assume charge of their respective offices,” stated the communique from the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Appointments/ Changes of Governor
- Anandiben Patel, Governor of Madhya Pradesh is transferred and appointed as Governor of Uttar Pradesh
- Jagdeep Dhankhar as Governor of West Bengal
- Ramesh Bais as Governor of Tripura
- Lal Ji Tandon, Governor of Bihar is transferred and appointed as Governor of Madhya Pradesh
- Phagu Chauhan as Governor of Bihar
- RN Ravi as Governor of Nagaland.
Source: The Morung Express