05 August 2019 | Ratu Bhengra | Get In Lamka
What is happening in Kashmir? Is the Modi government going to take any major decision on Kashmir? These are all questions that are arising in everyone’s mind. Thousands of additional security forces have been deployed in the Valley, as well as many politicians have been interned. Phones have been discontinued, Section 144 is applicable in such a situation that everyone is watching the valley. In Jammu and Kashmir, such situations are happening for the first time after Kargil. Landlines were not closed even during Kargil’s time, but this time they are also banned.
Things changed rapidly in Jammu and Kashmir on Sunday night, what are the decisions taken in the last 24 hours? Read in these updates …
1. Section 144 has been imposed in view of security in Srinagar and Jammu. Common people have been asked not to get out. In such a situation, there is a ban on people going out together.
2. Mobile Internet has been banned in the entire valley. First only the mobile service was stopped and after that the landline service has also been stopped. In this way, security forces have now been given satellite phones so that any situation can be handled.
3. Only 40 CRPF companies have been deployed in Jammu. Earlier, thousands of additional security forces had already been deployed in Kashmir.
4. All school-colleges in Jammu and Kashmir have been closed. The examination to be held in the Universities on 5 August has also been postponed till further orders.
5. Tourists have been asked to return to their homes from the valley. More than 6000 passengers have left Kashmir in the last 24 hours. Airlines have also not increased their fares on the orders of the government.
6. Late night, former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mahbuba Mufti, former CM Omar Abdullah and Sajjad Lone were detained. Both leaders gave information about this by tweeting the night itself, both leaders were constantly appealing by tweeting that the government should clear what is happening in Kashmir.
7. Between the political stir, Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satyapal Malik had called a big meeting on security arrangements late last night. He had to go to DGP, Chief Secretary and other officials to know the state’s situation.
8. In the midst of the stir over Jammu and Kashmir, there is a meeting of the Union Cabinet in Delhi today. Cabinet meeting often takes place on Wednesday, but in view of the political stir, this meeting to be held at the Prime Minister’s residence is considered important in many ways.
9. Many types of rumors are continuously spreading on social media about the valley. Meanwhile, the government is constantly asking people not to pay attention to such rumors.
10. There is a stir in the political circles that the Central Government can take a big decision on Article 35A or Article 370. However, so far no statement has come from the government on this matter.