Dated Aizawl, the 31st of January,
Mizo Students’ Union (MSU) General Headquarters Aizawl on January 30, 2023 held a peaceful demonstration at Jantar Mantar, New Delhi.
The program was attended by more than 1,000 people. The program was chaired by Zodinsanga, Treasurer. President Samuel Zoramthanpui introduced the programme. Lalnunmawia, Secretary i/c Foreign Affairs chaired the reading of the preamble. Resolution reading and welcome speech was delivered by Samuel Lalruatdik, Asst. General Secretary chaired the meeting.
President Zoram said that Mizo-Kuki-Chin-Mizo are Indians like foreigners and Mizo-Kuki-Chin community should be known as Indians. He said that the Indian government should pay more attention to Mizo-Kuki-Chins. Mizo-Chin-Kuki people are of the same ancestry, culture and ancestry. He also demanded that Myanmar brothers be granted exit permission to travel outside India. He also demanded that India, as the largest democracy, support neighboring Myanmar’s democracy.
The resolutions are as follows:-
1. Mizo-Kuki-Chin people and society are the children of India and we deserve to live in peace.
2. India should support Myanmar in its struggle for independence.
3. Chin-Mizo-Kuki ethnic groups who have immigrated to India should be supported by the Government of India.
4. We demand the Government of India to issue exit permits to refugees from Myanmar.
5. Mizoram is the most peaceful state in India.
6. The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) should have an office in North-East India.
MSU President said, “MSU will not back down one step to ensure that our demands are met.
MSU General Headquarters